Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Thoughts of a Rainy Day

The rain gets me thinking. The steady staccato against my windows sets my mind in overdrive, pondering at one-hundred-miles-per-hour, jutting around different ideas like a pinball machine. Why are my eyes green? Why are my toes so oddly shaped? Is there a reason for me to have freckles in places that are NOT my face? Why does someone you aren't supposed to like look so good when he smiles at you? Am I going to be good enough for college? Why do people you love have to hurt you? Can these jeans actually make me look a little thinner? Why is he ignoring me, did I do something wrong? Did I sing well enough to be in the ensemble? Will I be able to get a good grade in AP Bio? Am I seriously going to be forever alone? What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?


In retrospect, I probably should have been writing my college essay instead of this. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment